Senior Software Engineer, Axure Cloud
We’re Axure Software, and we’re seeking a Senior Software Engineer to round out our top-notch Development team. Our flagship product, Axure RP, is used by user experience professionals, business analysts, and product managers to plan and prototype software projects for a number of platforms, from desktop and mobile applications to video-game and car infotainment consoles.
A Senior Software Engineer for Axure Cloud will provide technical leadership and work with product, UX, and design teams to build a state-of-the-art web application. Some of the team is offshore and the ideal candidate will be a solid communicator and bridge the gap between the internal product teams and external development teams. Solid communication abilities are essential as is strong technical understanding.
We need a responsible individual that can manage multiple tasks and help ensure that we deliver solutions in a timely manner. Part of this is providing technical and product leadership to offshore developers as well as helping write simple but descriptive specifications. The external teams work in a different time zone, so flexibility is essential to work with these teams effectively. We also need someone with strong engineering skills that can check the work of more junior developers.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will:
- Document and lead implementation of solutions
- Update job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Accomplish engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed
- Make informed decisions quickly and taking ownership of services and applications at scale
- Work collaboratively with others to achieve goals
- Be a persistent, creative problem solver
- Stay on the leading edge of development practices
- Work with both in house and remote development teams
Essential tools and technologies for this role include:
- C#/.NET Framework development
- .NET Core and ASP.NET Core
Senior Software Engineer top skills & proficiencies:
- Software Design
- Software Development Fundamentals and Process
Preferred qualifications include:
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Fluent with functional, imperative, and object-oriented languages
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience building systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through launch
- Experience communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, identify tasks, provide estimates, and meet production deadlines
- Experience with mission critical, 24×7 systems
- Eager and willing to learn new technologies
This is largely a sedentary role that includes sitting, typing, and viewing computer monitors for long periods. In consideration of these physical demands, we provide an ergonomic office environment.
We offer competitive salary, benefits, and perks including:
- Generous paid vacation, sick leave, and parental leave
- A wide variety of health, dental, and vision insurance options
- 401K with matching company contributions
- Fun quarterly company outings
- Tasty monthly office lunches
- Paid garaged parking or public transit stipend
- Spacious and comfortable employee lounge with amazing views of the bay and downtown
- Kitchen loaded with a fun selection of nutritious snacks and drinks
- Convenient onsite gym, game room, and secure bike lockers
- …and let’s not forget PING-PONG!!!
We’re located in a contemporary high rise office in downtown San Diego with views to the bay. Most of our team is located in the San Diego office, and we prefer to fill this role with an on-site employee.
We are an equal opportunity employer who embraces diversity. All employment and promotional opportunities are decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business needs.
To apply, send cover letter and resume to email@example.com