Software Engineer, Axure RP
We’re Axure Software, and we’re seeking a Software Engineer to round out our top-notch Development team. Our flagship product, Axure RP, is used by user experience professionals, business analysts, and product managers to plan and prototype software projects for a number of platforms, from desktop and mobile applications to video-game and car infotainment consoles.
A Software Engineer at Axure will participate in the development of Axure RP, an industry-leading visual prototyping tool. Axure RP is a cross platform application built in C# (running on Mono on macOS). The two platform implementations mostly share the same codebase, though each present their own challenges.
Desktop development is challenging and detail oriented, and the ideal candidate would have some experience solving complex problems and understanding larger codebases. The technology stack for Axure RP is large and varied and well-suited to engineers that love working on low level details as well as user interfaces.
- Document and lead implementation of solutions
- Update job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Accomplish engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed
- Make informed decisions quickly and taking ownership of services and applications at scale
- Work collaboratively with others to achieve goals
- Be a persistent, creative problem solver
- Stay on the leading edge of development practices
Our ideal candidate will be able to:
- Clearly communicate complex technical concepts in simple, professional written English, following our style guide.
- Learn complex software and quickly pick up new technologies.
- Persist through difficult problems and independently discover solutions.
- Know when it’s most efficient to ask for help and be willing to do so.
Essential tools and technologies for this role include:
- C#/.NET Framework development
- Windows API programming (Win32)
- macOS (Cocoa) programming
Senior Software Engineer top skills & proficiencies:
- Software Design
- Programming Skills
- Software Development Fundamentals and Process
- Software Architecture
Preferred qualifications include:
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer (or equivalent)
- Knowledge of Direct2D, Win32 API, Cocoa, or Metal frameworks a positive
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience building systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Experience with professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations
- Eagerness and willingness to learn new technologies
This is largely a sedentary role that includes sitting, typing, and viewing computer monitors for long periods. In consideration of these physical demands, we provide an ergonomic office environment.
We offer competitive salary, benefits, and perks including:
- Generous paid vacation, sick leave, and parental leave
- A wide variety of health, dental, and vision insurance options
- 401K with matching company contributions
- Fun quarterly company outings
- Tasty monthly office lunches
- Paid garaged parking or public transit stipend
- Spacious and comfortable employee lounge with amazing views of the bay and downtown
- Kitchen loaded with a fun selection of nutritious snacks and drinks
- Convenient onsite gym, game room, and secure bike lockers
- …and let’s not forget PING-PONG!!!
We’re located in a contemporary high rise office in downtown San Diego with views to the bay. Most of our team is located in the San Diego office, and we prefer to fill this role with an on-site employee.
We are an equal opportunity employer who embraces diversity. All employment and promotional opportunities are decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business needs.
To apply, send cover letter and resume to email@example.com