QA Engineer II
We’re Axure Software, and we’re seeking a Quality Engineer II to round out our top-notch Quality Assurance team. Our flagship product, Axure RP, is used by user experience professionals, business analysts, and product managers to plan and prototype software projects for a number of platforms, from desktop and mobile applications to video game and car infotainment consoles.
Quality Engineers track the development process of a product from start to finish. They oversee production, testing each part to ensure it meets company standards before moving to the next phase. The goal of QA is to create safeguards for products to be market-ready and meet all regulations before being released to the public.
As a QA Specialist II, you will:
- Develop a full test of features.
- Narrow a bug or defect to a specific area and/or developer.
- Identify a minimum series of reproducible steps to file a clear and concise bug report.
- Investigate internal and external user reports of issues using our products and services.
- Understand the development environment, how to use it, and how it differs from the live environment.
- Work with QA, Development, and Product teams as needed to further the improvement and quality of our products.
Our ideal candidate will be able to:
- Clearly communicate complex technical concepts in simple, professional written English, following our style guide.
- Learn complex software and quickly pick up new technologies.
- Persist through difficult problems and independently discover solutions.
- Know when it’s most efficient to ask for help and be willing to do so.
- Independently develop test plans across features.
- Anticipate bugs and issues based on experience and technical knowledge.
- Maintain a sufficient understanding of the codebase/feature set to identify causes of bugs.
- Work with the Product team to identify feature issues.
- Test for performance.
- Set up test environments.
- Maintain and write simple automated tests.
Essential tools and technologies for this role include:
- Command line tools, e.g. OSX Terminal and Windows Command Prompt, Bash
- Version control tools, e.g. Git and Github
- IDEs/Source code editors, e.g. Visual Studio and Visual Studio Code
- Issue tracking software, e.g. Jira and Fogbugz
- Virtual machines and emulators for testing across different OSes and devices
- Browser dev-tools
- AWS Console
This is largely a sedentary role that includes sitting, typing, and viewing computer monitors for long periods. In consideration of these physical demands, we provide an ergonomic office environment. *
We offer competitive salary, benefits, and perks including:
- paid vacation, sick leave, and parental leave
- health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401K with matching
- quarterly company outings*
- monthly office lunches*
- paid garaged parking or public transit stipend*
- kitchen loaded with snacks and fizzy drinks*
- onsite gym, game room, and bike locker*
Our office is located in a contemporary high-rise office in downtown San Diego with views to the bay. Most of our team is located in the San Diego area, and we prefer to fill this role with a San Diego based employee, as the intention is to eventually return to our office in the future – but only when it is safe to do so. Due to COVID-19, this position is currently available as a work from home position.
We are an equal opportunity employer who embraces diversity. All employment and promotional opportunities are decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business needs.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.comBack to Careers